As early as April, Huawei presented its H1 2020 flagships in the form of the Huawei P40, P40 Pro and the ultra-premium Huawei P40 Pro +. A whole month has passed and the most expensive variant is not yet on the market. A new report now shows that it's finally time for those waiting for the P40 Pro + to pre-order the phone on June 1st.
The actual sale begins on June 6th and the 8 GB RAM with 256 GB. The price for storage is 7,988 CNY (~ 1,119 USD / 1,020 EUR). The high-end version with 8 GB RAM and 512 GB storage space brings you 8,888 CNY (~ 1,245 USD / 1,140 EUR). It's really an expensive smartphone, but what makes it better than the Huawei P40 Pro?
The new Pro Plus variant has an improved camera department. It has an 8MP 240 mm equivalent periscope lens with up to 10x zoom. It's twice as much as the P40 Pro with its 12MP 125mm 5x periscope zoom lens. In addition, the Huawei P40 Pro + supports wireless charging of up to 40 W. The "Vanilla Pro" only offers up to 27 W wireless charging.
HUAWEI P40 PRO AND P40 PRO + SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.58 inch (2640) x 1200 pixel) Flex OLED display with 90 Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76-based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76-based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16-GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core-NPUs (Neural-Network Processing Unit)
- 8 GB RAM with 256 GB / 512 GB memory
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM
- P40 Pro + – 50 MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with 1: 1.9 aperture, OIS, 40 MP Ultra Wide Cine camera with 1: 1.8 aperture, 8 MP periscope camera with 1: 4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8 MP telephoto camera with 1: 2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth detection, 20x hybrid zoom , 100x maximum zoom, two-color LED flash, 4k video recording at 60 fps, ISO 51200 and 768 0 fps Ultr a slow motion video recording
- 32MP front camera with aperture 1: 2.2
- fingerprint sensor in the display
- water, dustproof (IP68)
- 158.2 × 72.6 x 9 mm; Weight: 226 g
- USB Type-C audio
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dualband), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type C (GEN1)
- 4200 mAh battery with 40 W SuperCharge, 27 W / 40 W (Pro +) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge
The Huawei MatePad Pro 5G will be launched on May 27th for sale in China The MatePad Pro 5G, Huawei's latest 5G-enabled tablet, will be available in China tomorrow, May 27th. The Slate comes with a 10.8-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. Under the hood, it is powered by the Kirin 990 SoC. The MatePad Pro is powered by a 7,250 mAh battery with a 40 W wired battery and 27 W wireless charging. It provides support for Huawei M-Pencil.