Recently published patent images of the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 or Galaxy Fold Lite indicate interesting functions of this smartphone. The data was provided by the LetsGoDigital website, which also created visual images of the upcoming device.
According to the patent, the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 should have a long display on the external control panel showing notifications. In addition, the description of the patent states that the phone will be waterproof, especially in the hinge part. The specific degree of protection is not specified.
The main camera of the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 was to be given three camera sensors, including a periscope module with an unknown optical zoom value. There are more sensors in the front camera, which is in a familiar place.
It is expected that the presentation of the Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 will take place in August this year at the unpacked event, at which Samsung will also be showing the Samsung Galaxy Note20.
A lot of information about Samsung's plans to introduce an inexpensive version of the flexible Galaxy Fold smartphone has repeatedly appeared on the network.
The famous Indian insider Ishan Agarwa has shown a diagram of a smartphone. The novelty is similar to the older version of the device by external signs. It is made in a similar form factor. The main differences concern the dual main camera. In addition, the model received a small screen for displaying notifications.
A cheaper Galaxy [Z] Fold Lite seems like a good idea for Samsung … But by affordable I mean I expect it to be under $ 1200-1100. Since the cover display is more like a notification bar, it is just a small tablet that can be folded up. pic.twitter.com/iGBxlvWszv
– Ishan Agarwal (@ ishanagarwal24) May 26, 2020
The main screen remains unchanged. According to Leaks, the model will operate on the top Snapdragon 865 processor, but without the support of fifth-generation networks. The smartphone will most likely cost around $ 1,100.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the current Galaxy Fold model.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Specifications
- 7.3-inch QXGA + Dynamic AMOLED 4.2: 3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD + Super AMOLED display with 21: 9 aspect ratio  Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7 nm mobile platform (max. 2.84 GHz + 2.41 GHz + 1.78 GHz) with Adreno 640 GPU
- 12 GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512 GB memory (UFS 3.0 )
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12-megapixel dual-pixel rear-view camera with LED flash, variable aperture 1: 2.4-f / 1.5, OIS, 12-megapixel telephoto lens with 45 ° FoV, aperture 2.4, 16MP 123 ° ultra wide-angle sensor with 1: 2.2 aperture and 0.5x / 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom
- 10-megapixel dual pixel -Front camera with 80 ° wide-angle lens, 1: 1.9 aperture, secondary 8 MP depth sensor with aperture 1: 2.2, 90 ° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with aperture 1: 2.2
- stereo speaker , tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos  Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-F i 802.11ax (2.4 / 5 GHz), VHT80 4 × 4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4380 mAh battery with fast charging for both wired and wireless charging (WPC and PMA)