DxOMark experts have not yet rated the camera of the latest second-generation iPhone SE, but have published a review of the sound system. The reason for such a sequence of tests is unclear, but we have what we have.
In addition, the result was very valuable: 70 points. This is only 1 point less than the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max! With almost three times the price difference to the latter.
The affordable second-generation iPhone SE proved to be one of the best smartphones in the world in terms of sound recording quality. The cheapest modern iPhone received 69 points for playback quality and 73 points for recording quality.
Interestingly, the corresponding results for the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Max are 72 and 68 points. That said, they still have better sound when played back, but they're supposed to record it worse. The funniest thing, however, is when you look at the entire list of smartphones with the best sound quality in the DxoMark review. In this case, you may find that the second generation iPhone SE is practically the best smartphone in terms of recording quality on the market! Only Honor V30 Pro has one more point, which at the same time has a mediocre rating for the playback quality.
- Good dynamic performance with precise attack
- Only a few artifacts in total
- Well balanced mids and highs
- Good maximum and minimum volume
- Inverts stereo into landscape format (Music app)
- Tone balance lacking bass reproduction
- Excellent tone performance
- Artifacts are almost missing, even with high sound pressure
- Good envelope and signal-to-noise ratio in every app
- Consistency in every application
- Microphone closures are well controlled thanks to well-reduced finger noise
- Slight lack of low- and high-end extensions  Pumping can occur with speech content and slow with high sound pressure is slow automatic gain control recognizable.
Here is a reminder of the technical data of the Apple iPhone SE 2020:
APPLE IPHONE SE 2020 SPECIFICATIONS
- 4 1334 x 750 pixels (7 inches) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400: 1 contrast ratio, maximum brightness 625 cd / m2
- Aion B13 64-bit processor with six cores, Neural Engine with 8 cores
- 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB storage options
- iOS 13  Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dustproof (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle camera (1: 1.8), optical image stabilization, true tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, slo-mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with 1: 2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- TouchID fingerprint sensor
- Built-in stereo speaker
- Dimensions: 138.4 × 67.3 × 7.3 mm ; Weight: 148 g
- Gigabit class 4G LTE with up to 1.6 Gbit / s, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 with 2 × 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reading mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium -Ion battery with up to 13 hours of video playback, wireless Qi charging, 18 W quick charge (5 W charger in the box)