The 120 Hz display mode is the most important innovation in 2020 smartphones. Such a display is installed in the Samsung Galaxy S20 series, but you can only enjoy the high refresh rate with FullHD +.
But how much does the twice as high refresh rate affect the smartphone battery compared to the normal 60 Hz? Phonebuff tried it on the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.
For this purpose, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra was sent through the exact test course twice, once at 60 Hz and then once at 120 Hz. And in the end, the result comes, which is a little surprising.
Galaxy S20 Ultra: The 120 Hz mode influences battery life so much.
It is clear to everyone that the display with one battery consumes more 120 Hz rate. With the screen on, you get 10:24 hours at 60 Hz and 9:35 hours at 120 Hz. At the end of the test, the difference is 14 percent of the battery on the 60 Hz device while the 120 Hz device turns off .
In the end, this means you have almost 1 hour less duty cycle compared to 60 Hz under full load at 120 Hz, which is not the big difference we expected.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.9-inch Quad HD + (3200 × 1440 pixels) Dynamic AMOLED 2X
Infinity-O-Display, HDR10 +, 511 PPI, 120 Hz refresh rate  Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 7 nm mobile platform. With Adreno 650 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7 nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11-GPU
- 12 GB LPDDR5-RAM with 128 GB memory (UFS 3.0) / 16 GB LPDDR5-RAM with 512 GB Memory (UFS 3.0), expandable memory up to 1 TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI 2.0
- single / hybrid dual SIM (Nano + Nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear view camera with LED flash , Aperture 1: 1.8, PDAF, OIS. 48MP telephoto lens with 24 ° FoV, aperture 1: 3.5, PDAF, OIS, Hybrid Optic Zoom 10X, Super Resolution Zoom up to 100X. 12MP 120 ° Ultra Wide Sensor with aperture 1: 2.2, depth camera
- 40MP front camera with 80 ° wide-angle lens, aperture 1: 2.2
- Water and dustproof (IP68)
- Stereo speakers matched by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Sensors – accelerometer, barometer, gyro sensor, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, proximity sensor, RGB light sensor
- Dimensions: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8 mm; Weight: 220 g (222 g for 5 G)
- 5 G SA / NSA, Dual 4 G VoLTE, WLAN 802.11ax (2.4 / 5 GHz), HE80, MIMO, 1024 QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS , USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 5000 mAh battery with 45 W quick charge for both wired and wireless charging (WPC and PMA), Wireless PowerShare