OPPO will launch a smart watch supported by Google Wear OS on July 31. The upcoming OPPO Watch is the global version of their previous smartwatch. We remind you that the company launched the Oppo Watch in March, which uses the OPOS ColorOS operating system . This version works pretty well for Chinese users. However, the upcoming watch will be more suitable for global users.
According to OPPO's promotional materials, the global OPPO Watch appears to be very similar in design to the Apple Watch. Well, that's not surprising, because the Chinese version is similar to the Apple Watch. The main difference is the operating system, which is mainly tailored to the needs of Western consumers.
Regarding the technical data, some details about the accessories are in the FCC database. This accessory is exactly the same as the original Oppo watch. The upcoming Oppo watch is powered by the Snapdragon Wear 2500 chipset. This is the same chipset that comes with the Chinese version. The chipset is coupled with 1 GB RAM and a 430 mAh battery. The device may also come with a 1.9-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 402 x 476.
There is currently no news regarding the price or availability of this device. The full technical data of the Chinese version of Oppo Watch can be found below.
OPPO watch specifications
- AMOLED 1.6 inch (320 x 360 pixels) (41 mm) / curved AMOLED 1.91 inch (402 x 476 pixels) (46 mm) screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2500 & Apollo 3 processor
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB memory
- 3-axis acceleration sensor, gyroscope sensor, geomagnetic sensor, air pressure sensor, optical heart rate sensor, ambient light sensor
- Indoor and outdoor tracking, hiking outdoor, outdoor cycling, swimming and more
- ColorOS Watch, compatible with Android 6.0 and higher
- Waterproof (5ATM 46 mm / 3ATM 41 mm)
- 4G via eSIM, WiFi 802.11n 2.4 GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, integrated GPS, NFC for payments
- 300 mAh (typical) / 289 mAh (minimum) for 41 mm at 20 operating hours, 14 days in long battery mode
- 430 mAh (typical) / 416 mAh (minimum) for 46 mm at 40 operating hours, 21 days in long battery mode
The above specs ones are what we expect from the global version of the Oppo Watch. However, there may be minor changes. There is also information that this global version will arrive in India on July 31st. Keep an overview with us and we will keep you up to date on all developments regarding the upcoming Oppo Watch.